Welcome to the Christian Voice UK National Director's Blog. Find Press Releases, E-Alerts, and a Christian take on the news. See more at http://www.christianvoice.org.uk/

Make sure you right-click on links and open them in a new tab or window so as to keep this blog on-screen.

Over the next few weeks, the articles here both old and new will be copied on to www.christianvoice.org.uk and this blog will wind down. Thank you for following, and will followers now please kindly follow us to http://www.christianvoice.org.uk

Friday 20 May 2011

WORLD WILL NOT END ON SATURDAY

Contrary to what is being preached in New York, I believe I can confidently predict that the world will not end on Saturday 21st May 2011.

I do believe in the multiple fulfilment of prophecies.  For example, Daniel's abomination of desolation (Dan 11:31, 12:11) was fulfilled in the time of the Maccabees, when Antiochus IV Epiphanes set up a statue of Zeus and sacrificed a pig in the Temple.  It can be argued it was also fulfilled by the sacking of the Temple by the Romans and by building of the Dome of the Rock mosque on the Temple Mount.  We may hear more of the abomination of desolation yet.

But I don't buy it in the case of the word of God given to Noah:

Gen 7:4  For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Yes, one day is as a thousand years with the Almighty, but,

Firstly, the prophecy was fulfilled in precisely seven days:

Gen 7:10  And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

Secondly, God said that there would never again be a flood to destroy the earth:

Thirdly, the prophecy is specific to water, was fulfilled and the word of God said it would not happen again:

Gen 9:11  And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

That means we cannot expand it out into earthquakes or whatever takes our fancy.  Yes, these signs are prophesied by Christ:

Mar 13:8  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrow.

But they accompany the Day of the Lord, the date of which we do not know:

Mar 13:32  But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Finally, I do not believe this is a Sunday morning laughing matter as we gather for worship.  False prophecy brings ridicule on the Church of Jesus Christ.  Many precious souls will be lost because of this absurdity.

Quite apart from that, we have work to do reaching souls and preaching righteousness on this earth, and too many waste their time getting carried away with diverse doctrines and prophecy charts.  Why can we not just live each day as if it were our last, and plan ahead as if the world would endure forever?  It won't, but I hope you see what I mean.

Please pray for repentance for these preachers and pray for yourself, to abide in the Lord, to do his work and to bring forth fruit:

Joh 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

1 comment:

  1. About a year ago a friend in America asked me to check out a long sermon by this chap on YouTube. His Biblical exegesis was hopeless. As his chronology was in such a mess I'm not surprised that his eschatology is too.

    I too find it irritating when people who are so wrong get such coverage; but we must trust that God has a purpose in allowing them to cry Wolf.

    God has given many prophecies which were fulfilled to the precise day, but the day of the Second Coming isn't one of them (although no doubt we shall look back after the event and understand many scriptural references to it which we do not understand now).

    FWIW my wife and I are planning to spend the afternoon in Oxford, at a lecture on the significance of Tyndale for the 1611 Bible. But we haven't packed a suitcase!

    ian@thain.com

    ReplyDelete